Here are 10 items to make sure you have up and running before you begin to build your network aggressively. Remember, you only get one chance to make a good first impression, so make sure your Facebook page is looking great before inviting friends and prospects to “like” it.
- Make sure you’re using the right entity (page, not a profile or a group)
- Make sure you have administrative access
- Focus not on selling but on creating a valuable user experience
- Optimize your About page
- Make a vanity URL
- Choose the right tabs to be visible
- Make sure you have a profession looking icon
- Use a well-designed cover image
- Import blog posts through RSS feed
- Add custom applications to your page
Remember: Whenever you use Facebook as your page, you should be ‘on brand.’ In other words, keep in mind that all of your activities are visible and will be associated with your brand.